We are excited to kick off our Winter Reading Challenge again with programming for all ages!
Welcome to this year’s Adult Winter Reading Challenge! We are so excited to bring something new to our Adult Programming. This event runs from December 7, 2020 through January 2, 2021. Our main challenge to you is to read at least 1000 pages, but there will be extra challenges along the way for you to increase your chance at winning some great prizes.
How It Works
1) Register: If you have not yet created an account on Beanstack, we recommend you do. Once you have created your account, or if you already have one, join the “Adult Winter Reading Challenge 2020” and you will be registered!
2) Log Your Reading: Log the number of pages you read on Beanstack. There are several milestone badges you can earn that will reward you with raffle tickets.
3) Participate in Activity Challenges: You can earn even more raffle tickets by completing extra challenges! To find them and more information about these, click on “Activity Badges” in Beanstack under the “Adult Winter Reading Challenge 2020” banner.
4) Write Book Reviews: Earn additional tickets when you tell us about the book(s) you just read!
5) Enter Raffle Drawings: We have two raffles you can allocate your tickets to. You can enter as many tickets as you like (that you have earned) to either/both drawings. One drawing is for our “Bundle-Up Book Bundle” and the other is for a $25.00 Barnes and Noble gift card. *The participant who reads the most pages overall will receive a combo prize of both the drawings with an upgraded gift card of $35.00!*
We encourage any 6th – 12th Graders to participate in our Teen Winter Reading Challenge! This event runs from November 20, 2020 through January 15, 2021. Participants will earn badges by logging reading, submitting book reviews, and attending online programs. Can you earn 25 badges and complete the challenge?
How It Works
1) Register: If you have not yet created an account on Beanstack, we recommend you do. Once you have created your account, or if you already have one, join the “Teen Winter Reading Challenge” and you will be registered! If you do not have a computer/phone, you can pick up a registration packet at the Library using our Curbside Service.
2) Log Your Reading: Log the pages you read on Beanstack (preferred) or with a paper log. You will earn one (1) Reading Badge per 100 pages for up to 2000 pages.
3) Write Reviews: Review books on Beanstack or from your paper packet. You will earn one (1) Review Badge per review for up to 5 reviews.
4) Participate in Programs: Participate in events, including packets for pickup at the Library, Facebook Live videos, and live programs on our Teen Discord Server. At each program, we will give you a secret code to submit under the relevant Activity Badge on Beanstack or via your paper form to earn your badge.
Prizes and Rewards
Badge Prizes: For every 5 badges you get, you’ll earn a mini reward.
Winning: To complete the Challenge, you must earn any combination of 25 badges. You will earn a special badge and special Finisher’s Prize to go with it!
Completionists: If you earn all possible badges (20 Logging, 5 Review, and 14 Activity), you will be awarded an extra prize for your commitment!
Top Reader: Top Reader Awards will be given to the teen with the most pages logged and runner-up, so keep logging even after you run out of badges!
~Prizes will be available for pickup at the Library at the end of the Challenge
This winter, we challenge our little readers from Birth – 5th Grade to read (or be read to) at least 20 minutes every day! This event will run from December 21, 2020 through January 18, 2021. *Registration for the Children’s Winter Reading Challenge will open on December 14th.*
How It Works
1) Register: If you have not yet created an account on Beanstack, we recommend you do. Once you have created your account, or if you already have one, join the “Children’s Winter Reading Challenge” and you will be registered!
2) Log Your Reading: Log the time spent reading on Beanstack to earn badges marking your milestones. At the end of the program, you will receive a printable certificate for your progress!
Winter Reading Kickoff
We will be hosting a virtual Kickoff on Facebook Live and YouTube Live at 6pm on December 21st. We will be reading Totem Tales by Astrid Lindgren and making our own holiday gnome! Packets to make your gnome will be available to pick up via Curbside Service beginning on December 14th.
1000 Books Before Kindergarten
During this challenge, Beanstack will automatically count any reading logged towards the 1000 Books Before Kindergarten program as well! So be sure your little ones are also registered for that with just a click of a button in Beanstack in your child’s account.