Roles, Recruitment, and Duties:
All volunteers must be 18 years or older or, if between 12 and 17 years of age, must have an application form that has been signed by a parent or guardian (Volunteen Application).
All volunteers must complete a form stating his/her preferred work schedule, knowledge and skills
All volunteers receive training in all areas in which the will be working. Volunteers will work under the supervision of staff members in tasks assigned and fully described.
All volunteers must maintain a record of hours worked in a manner designed by the Director and Branch Manager.
*Due to the nature of the work of the library, no person sentenced to community service is accepted.*
The Friends is a volunteer organization of individuals dedicated to supporting the activities of the library, providing funding for programs, services, and items outside the regular budget of the library as well as serve as a source of volunteers for library activities.
Some Current activities:
- Conduct the annual book sales at the Jonesborough and Gray Libraries
- Form committees to oversee various fundraising events
- Support the Children’s, Teens’, and Adults’ Summer Reading Program
- Support the Children’s, Teens’, and Adults’ yearly library programs
- Provide supplemental funding to update and repair the meeting rooms at both libraries