The Town of Jonesborough supported a collaboration of the Jonesborough Community Chest (JCC) and the Applied Social Research Lab (ASRL) at East Tennessee State University in conducting a needs assessment for the local area. This needs assessment includes residents and businesses of Jonesborough, Limestone, Telford, and Fall Branch. The assessment and its findings are available for the public to view at the Washington County Jonesborough Library.
The Gray Public Library is the intake location for the Gray Community Chest Applications. Applications can be picked up at the Gray Library and must be turned back in to the library by noon the Friday before the meeting. For further information call the Gray Branch Library, (423) 477-1550, or go to the Gray Community Chest Website.
Community By The Book
Do you need assistance? Help is available!
Community by the Book is a partnership with the ETSU Social Work program and the Holston River Regional Library. Two social work interns are available to assist you in:
- Finding resources such as food, shelter, transportation, employment, ect.
- Assessments, such as psychological evaluations, employment, ect.
- Resume building and job applications
- Assistance navigating the Tennessee Electronic Library
- And More . . .
An intern is available in person at Jonesborough, Monday mornings & Wednesday afternoons; At Gray, Monday afternoons & Wednesday mornings.
You can also contact them by phone or email:
(423) 377-6128 / email@example.com
GCF Learn Free
This is a great free online resource for basic help in nearly everything! There are interactive tutorials, videos, practice tests, and more. Some of the subjects GCF Learn Free covers are:
- Technology Basics: Computers, Software, Internet, ect
- Essential Skills: Money, Cooking, Math, Reading, ect
- Work and Career: Resumes, Cover Letters, Job Searching, ect
- Language Skills
- And much more!